Thanksgiving Stuffing Bundt Cake (adapted from Klosterman Bakery)
• 1 loaf of Klosterman White or Wheat Bread, cubed
• 4 slices of bacon
• 1 large onion, finely diced
• 3 stalks of celery, finely diced
• 10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
• 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• Salt and pepper
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 2-3 cups chicken broth
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and bake the bread cubes on two baking sheets for about 30 minutes, stirring half way until the bread is firm.
2. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
3. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat and remove from pan. Reserve bacon grease, add onion and celery and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the skillet and mix. Remove from heat.
4. Chop or break up piece of bacon and add to skillet.
5. In a medium bowl combine chicken broth and eggs.
6. In a large bowl add bread, sautéed vegetables, chicken broth and egg mixture and gently mix until combined. Add more chicken broth if it seems too dry.
7. Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray. Fill the Bundt pan with stuffing and press down to pack it into the pan. Bake uncovered for 30- 40 minutes.
8. Let cool for 25 minutes in the pan. Use a long narrow spatula to loosen the edges. Then flip onto serving platter.
Choose where to connect with us!